Lunchbox Theatre is currently seeking a full time temporary Box Office Assistant for mid-March to the end of June.
The application deadline is Monday, March 1, 2010.
Who would have guessed that the world’s longest running lunchtime theatre was right here in Calgary? Well known for providing Calgarians a place to enjoy live theatre during their lunch hour, Lunchbox Theatre is a professional company that produces at least six plays per year as well as the Petro-Canada Stage One Festival where many one-act plays get their start, and the BD&P Emerging Director Program where many early career directors get their first professional experience.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Box Office Assistant
The Box Office ensures the patron relationship is established and maintained at a high level of satisfaction and is responsible for the on-going smooth operation of the Box Office, Front of House and Volunteer Resources. The Box Office Assistant helps coordinate the flow of information among patrons, volunteers, artists and staff to ensure ongoing smooth operations.
Marketing and Communications Manager
Box Office & Front of House
As the first point of contact, Box Office & Marketing Assistant is responsible for the overall reception and patron service. This includes:
• the coordination and sale of individual and group tickets
• collecting patron data to be used for marketing and communications activities
• receiving and receipting membership and donations
• contacting, scheduling, training and supervising volunteers
• updating and maintaining the Box office Handbook for the use of current and future personnel
The Box Office & Marketing Assistant is responsible for maintaining accurate data and providing timely reporting. There is a high level of information to be processed regularly. This includes:
• building and providing accurate Box Office reports, in conjunction with the book keeper and General Manager
• maintaining Theatre Manager and effectively training staff on its use
• working with the Marketing and Communications Manager to analyze data to provide improved marketing solutions
Facility Management and Other
• Maintains a safe front of house environment for staff, volunteers and patrons
• Ensures the building, staff, volunteers and patrons are secure
• Works with staff and board committees as required
• Assists with special events
• Other duties as required
An ideal candidate will be:
• Self motivated, enthusiastic, and willing to learn
• Extremely personable and patient with patrons
• Able to troubleshoot and problem solve
• Have excellent communication skills
• Eager to be part of a fast-moving team
This is a full-time temporary position based on an average 30-35 hour work week (10-4 Monday to Friday; plus on show weeks: 5-7 Friday night, 11-1 Saturday) at $500/week.
Please submit resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, March 1, 2010. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.